Member Type: Faculty Member
Profile Views: 33,248 views
Friends: 55 friends
February 22, 1975
University of Rhode Island
Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sc
Organic Medicinal Chemistry
I am currently working on the anti-kinase molecules synthesis, anti-cancer drug development and for synthesis of nucleoside based Anti-HIV drugs. The emphasis of the current project is to design and synthesis drug molecules with improved delivery of the active molecules and thus increased anti-viral effect.
Previous research study was on the biomedical applications of Carbon nanotubes. The project was funded by Department of Science Technology, New Delhi (under NanoScience and Nanotechnology Initiative) and work was carried out at Organic Chemistry Department, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore.
My thesis work was on synthesis of molecules for the radioimmunodiagnosis of cancer. Beside that I also worked on the catalysts for oxidation of organic substrates.
I am fond of working on challenging and worthy projects. I am passionate about my research. I am concerned about the status of Science in India and work for development of resources for science community.
I am an easy goining fellow.. helping nature, humorous.
Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences,
Fogarty Hall, Lower College Road,
University of Rhode Island, 02881. RI. USA.
Home: Jaunti, Delhi.
Synthesis of Bifunctional chelating agents to label monoclonal antibodies for radioimmunodiagnosis of cancer.
PDF (Jan 2009 -cont.)- BPS, University of Rhode Island, RI, USA.
PDF. (2006-2009) - DST-NanoScience Project, Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
Ph.D. (Biomedical Sciences) -2006. University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
M.Sc. Chemistry with specialization in Organic Chemistry, 1997. M.D. University, Rohtak, Haryana, India.
B.Sc. (Bio Group). 1995. M.D. University, Rohtak, Haryana, India.
Radiopharmaceuticals and Imaging Sciences,
Ionic Liquids and catalysis.
Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, NanoScience and Bionanotechnology.
* Life Member, Society of Biological Chemists, India
* Life Member, Chemical Research Society of India, India
* Life Member, URIC Pharmacy Professionals and Researchers Society, USA.
* Member, American Chemical Society, USA.
Awards and Recognition
* Postdoctoral Fellowship in nanoscience and nanotechnology, Department of Science and Technology. (DST)
* Senior Research Fellowship Central Council for Research in Ayurveda and Siddha.
* Senior Research Fellowship Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. India.
* Junior Research Fellowship Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. India.
* Merit Certificate National Service Scheme, India.
My top 3 favourite movies ...
300 Men, Do Akhein Barah Haath,
If I wasn't a teacher, I would be ...
The most exciting thing about my teaching/research is...
everyday new things to explore
I chose teaching/research as career because ...
i like it most